Time To Count Your Blessings 

  
If you know me well you will know that 90% of the time I’m quite positive and most things I do are done in a spirit of determination. The other 10% is spent worrying about the things I’m usually optimistic about and moaning about the things I can’t change. Recently I’ve let gloomy Dani have way too much face time. It’s been ages since I’ve written a post acknowledging just how great my God is so I think now is as good a time as any to shout it from the rooftops.

5 things I’m grateful for:

1. That all my senses are in full working order

I don’t want to sing the same old song that’s sung around this season, but we really have to be grateful for what God has already blessed us with. Being able to see hear taste etc is so easily taken for granted but the beauty of our senses adds so much to what makes life great and we rarely acknowledge them. I thank God that I can see how happy people are when they realise I’ve put some thought into their gift and I thank God in advance for the party my tastebuds will be having this season. No matter what I open this year, I know I have so much to be thankful for

2. The people God has put in my life 

You know what they say about weddings, how they’re worth it in the end but the organisation is blood sweat and tears? They weren’t lying. Organising what is essentially the biggest party of my life has had its highs and its ‘why is there so much to do maybe I should just get married in a registry office, but I just wanna give a shout out to the people that have helped me find the light at the end of what’s left of this six month tunnel. Some people take it upon themselves to do the things for others that desperately need doing and to all of you altruists, I salute you.

3. The job that I love 

I’m not sure if I told y’all about the gift God has given me in a new job, but I cannot thank God enough for the opportunity he has given me in my new role. I get to work everyday excited about what lays ahead of me, and every few hours I reflect and smile at just how blessed I am. I’m not on a six figure salary and I don’t drive a company car (don’t drive anything because I can’t actually drive lol) but I know God has put me in the right place to feel out what’s next in my career. For my lovely new team and my straight-forward commute, God I thank you.

4. The man that loves me

I apologise in advance for this public display of affection, I can’t count my blessings without mentioning my better half. I thank God for the man that has made me feel more loved than I thought was possible and who encourages me to achieve all that God has for me. 

5. The upcoming days off 

If you read my last post you’ll know I’m a Scrooge that doesn’t look forward to Christmas but what I am looking forward to is the tripling in time spent sleeping. I know lots of people like to fill their holiday says with activities and food but I will just be opting for the eating and sleeping part this year. Oh how I long for a full 8 hours and nowhere to go when I finally decide to get out of bed.
As you rush around purchasing the last items on your list, and the frustration that comes with things being out of stock after you’ve queued for hours, don’t forget that you have soooooooo much to be thankful for.

Peace and love

Dani-yellah x

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s